An age old proverb tells us that a ‘healthy body leads to a healthy mind’. Physical health and psychological wellbeing are inextricably linked. Despite numerous scientific papers and research conducted into the matter, not everyone is willing or able to take part in the recommended 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
MyLocalPitch, the UK’s leading search and booking portal for sports facilities, has pulled together a list of reasons why it’s worth making the effort to become regularly active to encourage a healthy mental wellbeing.
Check out these eight reasons to make the most of an action-packed summer of sport which features the Women’s World Cup, Wimbledon, the Cricket World Cup and the Netball World Cup.
Take inspiration from the very best and get active today…
1. Chance to be outside and enjoy some fresh air.
2. Remove imagined or real barriers within work environments.
3. Improve your communication skills and ways to express yourself.
4. Let your mind drift from everyday issues.
5. Natural release of endorphins.
6. Challenge yourself by playing a new game, learn rules and different game tactics
7. Improve your ability to handle adversity
8. Opportunity to meet new people
For more information, go to mylocalpitch.com.